Alluring Anvaya

Summer is just around the corner and typically as with every company I've been in, we have the annual company outing or what we call Employee Appreciation Day in this company. This year, it was a little bit early because we will be celebrating this together with the company's 6th year anniversary. So come March 30 we trooped ourselves to the office at 4:00 in the morning (goodness!) since Anvaya Cove (Bataan) is a good 4-hour drive away. Our team (SDG Acctg) boarded the last bus (because as with typical outing tradition we have another team emergency - Lawson went down, and we had to attend to it before we while the day away at the beach). We had our breakfast at the bus (Sausage McMuffin with egg and Vitwater) and then we promptly took a nap.

We arrived at the resort at around 10am (4am departure became 6am). Of course everybody is there already. So we checked out the resort while TMG preps the crowd for the program. The rest of the morning was spent on games (teambuilding activities). I tell you doing games at my age is not that fun anymore especially when the beautiful waters beckons. Nevertheless, I still joined and was tasked to go around the resort and capture each area (pardon the pictures, we were running around at the time since the game has a time constraint).


Seahorse Kiddie Village

Pools of Anvaya

Beach Front

Pawikan Beach Bar and Grill

Main Pavillion

The Bath House
We lost the game but who cares anyway. After the games, lunch was served. And since we were the last to arrive, we're the last to line up in the buffet as well. Food was so-so, nothing spectacular. And with the wind blowing some sand and whatnots into our food, it wasn't much of a pleasurable experience.
After lunch, we're free to explore the resort by ourselves. There's a spa right by pool but I couldn't comment on it since I wasn't in the mood for some massage right then. Oh man, the place was scorching hot! And since I didn't bring my suit, I just lazed beside the pool baking in the sun (I came out well done, haha). The pool looks inviting though but I really can't take a dip. We had a volleyball game after (it was hard playing beach volleyball, with the heat, sand and all so after a few hits, we decided to call it quits). One gripe about the place though is that you had to buy or avail of services using script money the lowest denomination that you could buy is P200. It sort of worked like a gift check so the change won't be returned plus you have to buy it at the Pawikan Bar and Grill which is a long trek from the poolside. But I was sweaty and I wanted to take a bath so I bought some script money and rented a towel (for 50 bucks). Afternoon snacks were served then, and then it's time to go home. The day was a waste for me, not so much because of the place (it was a beaut!) but because I wasn't able to take a dip and the day was really, really hot so there!
Some guy I pickep up at the resort. Kidding! He's my best bud from the team.










0 comments:

Post a Comment