Independence Day

For the next two months I will be staying at my friend's place in Pasig. Ok, commute would be hell, riding the cab alone would cost me most of my lunch money. But reconnecting with my friend would be all worth it plus she says she needs me there so enough said. Plus, I get to practice some independence and learn to do household chores to boot.

So yesterday, I eagerly packed my things and went over. The place was even more far than I expected and so... provincial. You cannot go anywhere without forking over at least 50 bucks for the trike. Oh well, I guess we can't just have it all. On the other hand, my friend's place looks awesome - just big enough for us and cozy. The place is tastefully decorated, with just enough furnitures so as not to overpower the rooms. We have one bedroom (which we will share), a living room, a dining room and kitchen, a wash room and t&b - not bad for a 40sqm something unit. Palmdale has it's own laundry shop, convenience store and water refilling station, pretty much everything we need (except for gas which we forgot to order so we had to live by fastfood and bread and canned goods for a day or two). We could also take a dip at their swimming pool but that's for another day as we still have some preparing the house to live in to to do.

So after eating lunch and resting for a bit, we went back to the mall to get some groceries and industrial fan (both of us not used to airconditioning when we sleep). This is when we found out about the trike fare btw. Cab fare from Megs was P110 - a lot cheaper than the trike fare definitely. After a long, tiring day, welcome to our humble abode.


0 comments:

Post a Comment