Sex and the City (And now there were four...)



It's been so long since the last time we've been together - the last one was a very short one at that. We used to spend every day together just hanging out - sharing memories and laughter. Ten years past, and here we are together again. We still enjoy each other's company, we still like the same things, w still talk like there's no tomorrow, laugh at each other's silliness. And yet somehow we are different.

There are only four of us now instead of the original six (GIRLYS combined from the 3rd letter of our first names). One of us just got back from Singapore for good after living there for a good two years. She has one kid, a smart girl who's getting prettier by the day. It's also good to know that after years of searching, she's found someone whom she could spend the rest of her life with. Another just gave birth to a cute, little boy. Although the love life's a bit turbulent now, I'm sure (and she confirms it) that the kid was all worth it. Now she has someone whom she could love fully and be loved back unconditionally. One has a nice, little family of her own already. A fully reformed husband and three adorable kids (two of whom share the same birthday and no they're not twins). Although life has been difficult, I'm glad that they were able to survive everything intact (sorry you missed this). And then there's me. Coming from a bad breakup with my college sweetheart recently, I'd say I bounced back prettily. I now have a loving honey who mean the world to me. No, I don't have a kid yet, but my friends' kids are enough for now. We are all still the same - the charming one, the mother figure and the baby.

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."~ Richard Bach




0 comments:

Post a Comment